Monday, November 16, 2009

SABOTAGE!!

Listen all of Ya'll This is Sabotage


When I was a kid my cousins, my sister, and I would go to our Grandma and Grandpa's house during the summers. We would only do a few things. Eat (extra sugar on Frosted Flakes? Mmm, boy), go to the pool across the street, and watch music videos back when VH1 and MTV still played music. One such video that I remember vivedly was the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage". Being young I didn't quite understand what was going on, or if it was real or not. I just remember the 80's cop look and the way over-the-top stunts and camera work. Flash forward to high school. I hadn't really listened to the Bestie Boys that much when my friend Greg borrowed me Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys. I was hooked. I started listening to everything they made. This included "Sabotage". The distorted to all hell bass and the screechy guitars draw you in. Then Mike D's voice comes in with his high pitched wail. The lyrics remind you of someone who gets fed up with all the shit around him and breaks loose in a burst of fury. This song is like a primal yell that builds and builds until released into a rush of adrenaline and endorphines and spittle. With this song blasting through a weight room you can't not set some serious PR's.

No comments:

Post a Comment