Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Best Day of The Year Pt. 2

More stuffing? No thanks, I'm driving.

I got to Green Bay at about 1:30 pm CST looking like this. In neither of these pictures am I sucking in my stomach.



Attending the festivities were myself, my sister Stacy, her boyfriend Manny, my mom Cindy, my stepdad Pete, Pete's friends Gary, Kraig, and Jeff, my aunt Patti, my uncle Matt, Matt's friend George, and his daughter Nancy. I didn't let the fact that non-family members were in attendance affect my gluttony. Having all those people there was great for the conversation and atmosphere and I feel helped me in my quest.
My game plan was to try to take it easy on the appetizers and then really attack it at dinner. The key word in that statement was: try. I ended up eating a lot of appetizers. I made some tortilla roll ups with turkey and cheese, which were pretty good if I may say so myself. I also brought some trail mix that I assembled with banana chips, mixed nuts, rasins, craisins, and Reese's Peices that was also pretty good. At about 3:30 I started with the drinks. I stayed with liquor to save room in my stomach as beer tends to fill me up. Jameson and water on the rocks is a tasty combination. At about 7 we sat down for dinner. The spread was very traditional. Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, fruit salad, and green bean casserole. I had my fill of all the items especially the turkey and stuffing. These two have forever been my favorites. For desert there were five pies and one cake. Two apple pies, two pumpkin pies, one lemon meranguie pie, and one pumpkin cake. I finished my meal by filling in any cracks in my stomach with a peice of the pumpkin pie and cake.
After it was all said and done I felt extremely uncomfortable. I don't particularly enjoy this endpoint, but I loved every second of the journey to get there. Here is what it looked like.


In neither of these pictures am I pushing out. It felt like I shoved a seven pound medicine ball in my stomach. The uncomfortable feeling lasted well into the night. I was unable to sit up while talking to family and had to periodically lie down saying my back was sore. I was sweating and had to open windows. And to top it off I had those awkward burps that are 95% burp and 5% throwing up. Nothing of any value came up but was enough to leave a burning feeling in the back of my throat. Days like this push any desire I have to gain a lot of weight for powerlifting out of my mind. Starting tomorrow I am cutting out a lot of calories, mostly from cheat meals and peanut butter (sad day), and going to slim down a bit. If I feel that I am losing any of my strength or not getting stronger I will reasses my diet. But until then, I am going to be eating less.
To wrap up the weekend I went to the tailgate party for a bit. As I was walking to my truck to go meet my dad for lunch a saw the fly over by two military jets that occasionally happen before Packer games. I could watch that happen every day for the rest of my life and still get goose bumps and be amazed every time I see it. Had lunch with dad, Packers win, great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that looks uncomfortable. I can't stand that stuffed feeling anymore. If I over indulge I take digestive enzymes. That really helps.

    ReplyDelete