Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Best Day of The Year Pt. 1

WABB

Trained at WABB (West Allis Barbell). Ambient temp wasn't too bad this morning, but those bars stay cold. Weights felt heavy this morning. I'm definitely not a fan of lifting right away when I wake up. I feel stiff and lathargic. I like to give myself about 3-4 hours before I start moving some weight. Can't use that as an excuse though. On the press and deadlift I wanted to do sets of five, but due to my weakness I had to settle for getting total reps. From things that I've read from some different authors either way is a horse apiece. I still wanted sets of five though.

PWR Clean: 3x3 @ 85%
Standing Press: 25 total reps @85%
Deadlift: 5 total reps @ 85%

Now for the real deal. I'm heading up to Geebs in about 10 minutes. I will spend the car ride getting my head right for the battle that is about to be waged. I will try to post before and after pics from Green Bay but I'm not 100% sure I will be able to. If not I will recap and post pics tomorrow. I don't have access to a scale so I won't do a before and after weight. Gotta go. It's game time.

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti

No comments:

Post a Comment