Friday, November 13, 2009

Blog Title

No training today. Rest and recovery were the only items on the docket. Nothing of consequence at Envy last night which is a bit disappointing. Usually something happens at least once per night that will leave me chuckling to myself for about an hour. Whether it's a fat girl falling down the stairs or hearing a young man tell a young lady with all the sincerity in the world that he likes all her "extra shit" there is usually something that will power me through the night. I'm working tonight and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

A couple of people have asked me what the title of the blog means. It is a quote from an article written by Henry Rollins. The link is here. I can't relate to all of Henry Rollins' life but I certainly agree with the conclusions that he makes at the end.

Last day of the deload tomorrow. I'm getting antsy in my pantsy to move some real weight.

I have also really been looking forward to Thanksgiving. More on that later.

And now a parting quote from the great Mark Twain.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

No comments:

Post a Comment