Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11.24.09 Squats

I gotta squat like this/ I can't wear skinny jeans cuz my ass won't fit -Jay Z

Squat: (450x3)x5 Briefs on: 515x3, 605x1
Accessory and then Abs

Squats went pretty well today. I tried brining my stance in just a bit to try to get rid of my depth issues and this seemed to work. After my raw work sets I put my briefs on. I should really say that Nick, Matt, and I put my briefs on. Today was the hardest they have ever gone on. Getting the briefs over my Christmas hams made me sweat a great amount and left me out of breath. It's a ombination of bigger/fatter thighs and my legs being pumped with blood from my raw work. The cliche` of trying to shove a certain amount of shit into and inappropriate sized bag was the joke of the day.

If you are unfamiliar with briefs, they are basically a thick canvas pair of underwear. As I sit into them they stretch a bit and give me tremendous strength at the bottom of my squat. They will literally add 150 or so pounds to my squat max. I don't use them in competition but I do use them in training. They allow me to put more weight on my back and give me tons of central nervous system strength over the course of a training cycle. I will post a video or two later tonight.

Tomorrow I am going to bring you another installment of my favorite training songs. Which song? You will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment