Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Today, October 31st is the day commonly referred to as All Hallows Eve aka Halloween aka International Dress Like A Slut Night (I'm not complaining about the last one one bit.)

Halloween is a conglomeration of ancient Celtic practices, Catholic religious ceremonies, and European folk traditions.  The ancient Celt's believed that today was a day that the dead could come back to earth and that their priests, the Druids, could make predictions about the coming year.  They would light bonfires, wear costumes, and have dozens of eggs ready to throw to ward off these spirits.

Now it is a secular community-based holiday revolving around kid's costumes, Trick-or-Treating, and seeing who can out-whore who.  Here's a look back at some of my Halloween costumes from the past couple of years.

Who doesn't like clowns?

I don't even think this is from Halloween, but it's scary as hell.

 Terry Bernadino from Reno 911.

 Nitro from American Gladiators.
(Yes, those bulges are mine, in the arms and elsewhere.)

Hottest Chippendale's dancer you know.

So there you have it.  Halloween in all it's glory.  I didn't dress up this year but maybe next year I'll think of something good.  I've got some ideas brewing.

Song of the Day:


"On Halloween parents sent their kids out looking like me." -Rodney Dangerfield

No comments:

Post a Comment