Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tuesday

Squat: 455x1; 500x1; 525x1

Pause Squat: 315x5x2

Speed Sumo Deadlift: six singles @ 284

Reverse Hyper: 2x10
w/
Glute Ham Hyper: 2x10

TRX Fallouts: 3x10

I was a little disappointed in my squat today.  I was told by my spotter that I was a little high on my heavier singles.  This isn't a mobility issue, or even a strength issue.  I'm just not comfortable and I don't trust myself all the way down.  To that end I decided to cut out the reverse band squats and went with pause squats.  With the pause squats I took about 60% of my 1RM and made sure I was deeper than parallel and paused at the bottom for about 1-2 seconds on each rep.  Hopefully this will make me stronger coming out of the hole and more comfortable getting into it.

Song of the Day:

"There are no shortcuts to any places worth going." -Beverly Sills

No comments:

Post a Comment