Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday

Behind the Neck Push Press: 225x2; 235x2; 250x1

Tire Flips: 3x3

Keg Clean and Press: 165er for two single on each side.

Alright loyal readers.  I'm going to lay it on the line.  The upper lip line as it were.  I'm growing a moustache.  This isn't some bold statement I'm making.  I'm not trying to repopularize the moustache (even though I probably will.) 


                                             How do you improve upon perfection?

No, this is about helping my fellow man.  I'm doing this with/for a group of men that do this every November and raise funds for prostate cancer awareness and research.  It's called Movember.  Men sign up and donate their face and a few bucks to the cause.  The moustache has become such a conversation piece that it won't be hard to get a few words in edgewise to support the cause.  Here are some facts about prostate cancer:
  • This is the second most common cancer affecting men after lung cancer
  • The risk of developing the cancer increases after the age of 50
  • There are over 2 million men in the U.S. currently living with prostate cancer
  • The 5-year survival rate is 98% and the 10-year is 84%
  • About 1 in 2 men will get this cancer
All of this goes back to early detection.  Men, that means getting your prostates checked by your doctors.  I'm looking at you Craig Robert Dequaine.

You can check out my Mospace page here.  I don't have a picture up as I type this but one will be forthcoming.  So if you have the testicular fortitude to give up your face for one month join the cause.  If you don't have the testicular fortitude (or testicles) then donate a few spare bucks.  If you do neither you obviously love cancer, hate men, and hate America.
Song of the Day:

“Being kissed by a man who didn't wax his moustache was--like eating an egg without salt." -Rudyard Kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment