Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

I've gotten a little behind on the ol' blog.  No real reason for it, just busy followed by being lazy.  Friday and Saturday were just cardio days.  I did two sessions each day totaling 70 minutes.  It's either walking on the treadmill or the cybex machine or a combination of the two.  When I'm on the treadmill I've found that playing air guitar to my music really helps the time go by.  On the cybex I do intervals so that usaully keeps my mind occupied.  Otherwise I just stare into the middle distance and feel my mind turn to mush.

Saturday night for about six hours I did not treat my body like the temple that it is.  Eleven PBRs, three hamburger patties, a shitload of watermelon and strawberries, and some lemon cake, had me feeling very full and a little bit guilty.  Sunday morning Lance and I squatted at Lance's place of business, Athletic Republic.  Here's what I did.

Squat: worked up to 475x1

GHR: 3x8

45' Back Extension: 3x10 (This machine we're pretty sure was designed by a woman.  There was a definite lack of satchel space.)

Abs: three sets

Short and sweet.  We were in and out in about an hour fifteen.  Just the way I like it.

Song of the Day:

Country Roads is arguable the best Me First and the Gimme Gimmes song.  They are a punk super-group that only plays covers.  If you want a punk twist on some of your favorite songs I would strongly recommend them.

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” -Marcus Aurelius

No comments:

Post a Comment