Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday- DL/MP Deload

Not a whole lot to report on today.  I'm deloading this week and I feel pretty good about it.  I'm feeling a little beat up and this week will be good to recharge the batteries.

DL: 220x5, 270x5, 330x5

MP: 75x5, 95x5, 115x5

Accessory Circuit: 3 sets of 15 reps for everything
Barbell Shrugs: 225
GHR: BW
Single Arm Row: 100
Weighted Sit-Ups: 55

Cybex Intervals: 30 minutes
Outside Walking: 15 minutes

Now I want to talk about something I've noticed.  Every time I see a fat guy's ride it is invariably either a huge conversion van or a Lincoln Town Car.  I'm not saying every one that drives either of those automobiles is fat, just that larger gentlemen tend to prefer them over other means of conveyance.  Case in point: I can think of three kid's dads that I train. All three are pretty large men.  What do they drive?  Two of them roll in conversion vans and one drive a Buick LaCrosse - the poor man's Lincoln Town Car.

My guess is that these cars are easy to get in and out of and offer the smoothest ride possible.  Why else would they be the motorcar of choice for those north of 275 pounds?

Another case study.  My Grandpa Bob I wouldn't say was fat, but he was definitely of a robust and rotund nature.  His ride?  You bet your ass he cruised the avenues and alleyways of Green Bay in a Lincoln Town Car.  Shit, even his belt buckle was awesome.  A huge "BOB" letting everyone he crossed paths with know he meant business.

I'm looking forward to the day when I'll be riding in my own Town Car or conversion van with one arm out the window and the other steadily at 12 o'clock.  A sweet beard and some Blueblocker sunglasses and I'm all set.

Song of the Day:

"You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.” Irish saying

1 comment: