Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Catching Up...

Haven't been able to post recently due to the fact that I've been busier than a rooster in a hen house.  This past weekend was non-stop action.  My buddy Mike Farley came up from Lakeland, FL (Southern suburb of Chicago) to spend the weekend.  We had a crew of ten or so guys from college head down to Chicago for New Year's Eve.  The bar we went to was $60 all-you-can-drink.  And did I ever.  I drank a lot of whiskey and vodka, lost a little dignity, and had an awesome time.

Saturday we made our way north to Green Bay for the Packer/Bear game on Sunday.  Much fermented hops and barley was drank on Saturday.  I haven't been drinking beer lately and I had a shitstorm of a hangover on Sunday.  The tailgate was awesome, the game was even better with a big Packer win to seal a playoff spot, and we had a nice dinner (thanks Aunt Patti) back at my mom's before we hit the road.

As I type this I've got my new best friend laying on my living room floor.  His name is Saxon Wolfsblood Dequaine and he is going to be the bitchingest dog ever.  He is a very timid and submissive right now as he is adjusting to the house and me being gone for 5-6 hours at a stretch.  He is doing better and better though and I'm excited for the future.

It was a great weekend but I'm looking forward to laying low for a while with my main canine Saxon.  As for training I took a few days off to rest up this weekend.  Tonight I hit it fast and furious in the basement and will work my way back into things. 

Incline bench: 5x5
w/
RDLs: 5x5

Just getting some work in then getting out.

Song of the Day:

“Remember this, - that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed in the performance of every act of life." -Marcus Aurelius

No comments:

Post a Comment