Sunday, January 23, 2011

SUPER BOWL!!

Today was definitely in the top 5 best days of my life.  I sat on my couch with my dog, ate a bunch of food, and watched the Packers hang on to beat the Bears to go to Super Bowl XLV.  I don't know how it could get any better than that. 

I decided to watch the game by myself and away from my Bears fan friends.  I didn't even talk any trash during the game.  If the Bears had come back and won that would have been too much crow for me to eat.  I would've choked to death.  Once the deal was sealed I was all over that shit.  My favorite types of trash talk are the backhanded compliments.  My favorite so far is, "Lovie Smith is going to be a great coach for the NFC in the Pro Bowl."  Holy shit is this sweet.

The Steelers just beat the Jets to win the AFC.  I've got nothing bad to say about them other than their QB is a fucking dirt bag.  I don't care if he's cleaned up his act he's a turd that very well could be in jail right now. 

Other than that I like the way the Steelers play defense.  James Harrison is a weight room warrior that built himself into what he is today.  And that is a bad, bad man.  I definitely wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.  Troy Polamalu flies around and makes football plays.  Casey Hampton is a beast in the middle and, Brett Keisel's beard is impressive to say the least.  Here is a side by side comparison of Keisel's and my best attempt at a beard.


OK it's a little less than side by side.  Either way his beard puts mine to shame.  Mine took five months of growing and not being able to eat yogurt.  His has to be at least eight months strong.  He's got the kind of beard that just by having it gives you a leg up on surviving in the wilderness.  The kind of beard that wins arguments on it's own.  He's got the kind of beard that makes me want to be a better man.

Enough man/beard crushing.  Time to focus.  I'm going to wear Packer's sweatshirts to work for the next two weeks and whenever I address a Bears fan I will make sure to do the Aaron Rodger's championship belt move to remind them of what went down today.  I see a lot of this coming in two weeks.




Song of the Day:

It's from 2008 but, whatever.

"Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it." -Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment