Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday

Fat Bar Bench: 290x1, 275x1,1,1

Max Effort Dips: worked up to body weight + 135x1, bw+90x3,3

Fat Bar Bent Over Rows: 4x5

Fat Gripz Hammer Curls: 4x5

Sand Bag Carries: 200 total yards

Another good session.  290 was about my previous PR on regular bar bench.  Doing it with a fat bar makes the movement a bit harder so who knows where my regular bar bench is at.  Who really cares?  I like doing that fat bar stuff and I feel my gripp is already getting stronger in just the two or so weeks since I've switched to using them.

I specifically remember when I was a chubby 185 lb. freshman in high school and I couldn't do a single dip with just my body weight.  Being able to do one with that much extra weight kind of puts where I'm at now in perspective.  I'm not anywhere near where I want to be, but I also feel I've come a long way.

I'm so excited for this weekend's game.  Seeing as how most of my friends are Bears fans and know my propensity towards a "sour grapes" attitude when the Packers lose to the Bears, I don't think I will handle losing very well.  Not that I'm worried.  If the Packers can stop the run like they did against Atlanta and make Ghey (homonym for 'gay') Cutler beat them they will be fine.  As well as he played on Sunday he did have a few woopsies.  Also, with the Packer's pass rush playing at a high level this might be his new helmet:


Song of the Day:

"You can't just beat a team.  You have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again." -Mia Hamm

No comments:

Post a Comment