Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday

Medium Stance Squat: worked up to 517 for two singles

I used Olympic plates today for my squats.  They are in metric foolishness so I didn't really know what I was lifting until the end when I counted it all up.  The first single felt OK, kind of slow through the sticking point, but the second one was brutal.  I barely got it up, but got it up nonetheless.

RDLs: 4x5

Weighted Chins: 4x3 with 45 lbs.

Prowler and Sledge Hammer hits for conditioning

Pretty good session today.  Last week I only got up to 500 for squat.  I'm going to do one more week with the medium stance and Olympic shoes.  Next week will be wide power stance with my flat wrestling shoes.  This is usually where I'm strongest and I'm interested to see if there is any carry over from the medium stance.  Hopefully my mobility is still there.  I'll probably have to spend a little extra time loosening up my adductors.

Getting pretty pumped for the game this week.  There is a lot of talk about it in the gym. Mostly me asking kids if they are Packer fans and what they think the score will be.  If they aren't or if they think the Packers are going to lose I kindly ask them to leave.  That's not true.  I just make them push the Prowler for the entire duration of their session.  Also not true.  I still think it's going to be 13-7 Packers in a low-scoring, defensive battle.  Go Pack Go!

Song of the Day:

I am so confused by this video.  There are more black people in this video than I have ever seen at a Packer game.  I don't really like rap but I like this.

"The favorite disease of the twentieth century is fear of life." -William Lyon Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment