Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday

Power Clean: couple singles at 264

Really worked on my technique today.  Mostly just getting comfortable dropping under the bar on the catch.  It's all mental, kind of going back to when I tweaked my knee on front squats.  It felt good though.  Got underneath without much of a problem.

Pin Squat: 495x1, 515x0x2

Got the bar off the pins on the 515 but couldn't finish it.  Not too concerned.  I was wearing my Olympic shoes and had a narrower than normal stance which has generally been a weaker position for me.  Pushing the bar off the pins makes it much harder than starting at the top.  I don't get any benefits of the stretch reflex out of my muscles.  I'll get it next week.

Breathing Squats: 275x20

The whole premis is to pick a weight and get 20 reps no matter what.  You can stop and take a few breaths (hence the name) between reps, but you can't put the bar down.  I'm going to keep doing these once per week adding five pounds to the bar each time.  These are going to make me sore as shit tomorrow.

Keg Carries: 2x90 yards, 2x30 yards

In other news, the shit talking continues.  All Bears fans from Chicago are gangsters and probably do drugs.  Plus they all smell bad.  And don't ever let them touch your valuables.  They'll get sausage grease EVERYWHERE!

Song of the Day:

"Success cannot be guaranteed.   There are no safe battles." -Sir Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment