Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Starting Path to Hugeness

As I type this there are just about 47 hours left in my diet.  At ten bells on Friday morning we'll be doing the final weigh-in and body comp check.  My guess right now is that I'll be somewhere in the 12-14% range.  This is the level of body fat that I'm going to try to keep throughout my gaining weight.  If I feel like I'm getting a little too soft then I'll switch things up a bit.  But, we'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it.  Anyways I've mapped out my starting diet and here goes.

Heavy Training Day

Meal 1: 3 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1.5 cups oats, orange, banana
Meal 2: Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Meal 3: 8 oz lean meat (tuna, ground beef, chicken, turkey, etc.), 8 oz. veggies, ~50 grams carbs (oats, rice, potatoes, etc.)
Meal 4: Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Meal 5: same as meal 3
Meal 6: 2 scoops protein, 1 tbsp PB

Pre Workout: 1 scoop whey, 5 grams creatine
Post Workout: 1 scoop whey, 2 scoops weight gainer (50 grams carbs, 17 grams protein, 4 grams fat)

Non Heavy Training Days

Meal 1: 3 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 cup oats, orange, banana
Meal 2: PBJ
Meal 3: 8 oz lean meat, 8 oz veggies
Meal 4: PBJ
Meal 5: same as meal 3
Meal 6: 2 scoops protein, 1 tbsp PB

On my heavy training days I'll be getting around 3,000 calories.  On my non heavy training days it'll be around 2,500.  The difference will be mostly carbohydrates being dropped on my non heavy training days.  I'm going to start with this and assess as I go.  I may even start a little bit lower than this just because this is more food than I am used to eating and I don't want to put any bad weight on right away.  Whenever one embarks on a gaining diet there will inevitably be some fat gain.  But if it is done correctly it can be kept to a minimum.  This is what I'm going for.  I'm going to give myself 1-2 cheat meals per week.  This will mostly be after training on the weekends.  They are going to be a lot of fun.  I'm going to be taking on some of Milwaukee's local food challenges.  Hopefully I will be defeating Milwaukee's local food challenges.  I'm stoked.

Again my goal is to get as strong as possible while slowly moving my weight towards the 230 range.  I'm planning on this taking me a while.  I've got my eye on a December 3 return to competition and I'd like to be in the 220's by then.  I'm just going to take it one day at a time and stay as consistent as possible.

As for right now I'm feeling good, I think my recovery is starting to come back, and I'm excited to get going on this new challenge.

“Appetite comes with eating; the more one has, the more one would have.” -French Proverb

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :) Peanut Butta Jelly Time :)

    ReplyDelete