Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's The Freakin' Weekend

Split up one session into two due to time constraints.  The first part was done on Saturday in Illinois with Lance, with the second on Sunday at West Allis Barbell.   The time constraints were created due to Wisconsin being one gigantic construction zone.  I usually take US 45 down to Libertyville to avoid paying the toll.  The drive is also a little nicer with some nice farm scenery.  When I got to Union Grove all of a sudden the road was being repaved and I had to detour back to I-94.  I then had to take a detour off of the detour due to more construction.

When I got into Illinois I had to take Highway 41 because I didn't have any cash to pay the tolls and I've already used the two freebies that the Illinois Tollway gives you each year.  I've never liked driving on 41.  It's the quintessential image of bland urban sprawl.  If you weren't watching the signs you'd go through four or five different towns and not even know it.  With all this my 65-70 minute drive turned into two hours.  Bullshit.

DL: 475x3+3+3

Front Squat: 225x6+2+2+2

Standing Calf: 380ishx6+2+2+2

Bar Curls: 128x6+2+2+2

Jump Rope: 1000 skips

Weather is beautiful today.  Working out in the garage is a nice change of pace from always being in a gym.  I can blast whatever music I want, I can take my shirt off, I can swear, I can spit on the ground, and I can have total focus since it's usually just me.  Perfect.

Song of the Day:

“The day, water, sun, moon, night - I do not have to purchase these things with money.” -Titus Maccius Plautus

No comments:

Post a Comment