Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend of Freedom Recap

What a great weekend.  I let Freedom ring loud and strong.  Liberties were celebrated and Freedoms were taken advantage of.  Saturday started off with some doing the piss out of some errands.  Then I went over to Lance's and celebrated the formation of this great land with the grilling of meats.  I got to play grill master and kind of surprised myself.  I didn't think I knew my way around a grill that well.  I guess it's either sink or swim, and I swam it into the ground.  The other part of my contribution to the party was vodka soaked Gummi worms.  The worms themselves were ok to good.  But the strained "juice" that reconstituted into a huge jell-o shot in the fridge was dy-no-mite. 

Sunday was a great day.  Lance, Katie- Lance's girlfriend- her sister Kristin, Eric, and myself went to New London, WI to do river float.  This is where you get a tube, they bus you a few miles upriver, and you float back.  Great day in the sun drinking a few beers and getting the shit beaten out of our legs on the rocks in the river bed.  This will probably become an Independence Day tradition.  The best part is that the only rules on the river are 1. Clean up after yourself and 2. Don't trespass.  Other than that it's anything goes.  You can stop mid river, set up shop, and get blind drunk and then float the rest of the way.  Some people definitely took full advantage of that.

Monday Lance and I brought Eric back to Chicago.  The end of the weekend was definitely bitter-sweet.  Lance's truck, Big Red, started pissing oil on the way back.  That trip was probably the last hurrah for the old girl.  R.I.P Big Red, 1995-2011.  Mourn ya til I join ya.

I also trained on Monday.  It wasn't anything special.  I purposely put a training day on Sunday/Monday to keep myself from going overboard on Saturdays.  Whoops.  After this coming weekend I will be refocusing on the meet in November and the social life will take a back seat of sorts.  I'm actually looking forward to it in a way.

Song of the Day:

“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” -Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment