Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday

Squats: 135x5, 225x4, 315x3, 405x1, 455x1/2/3/1/2/3/1/2/3

Bulgarian Split Squats: 4x10

Calf Raises: 275x12x3

Today was a grind. The 455 felt heavy from the first rep. One thing that Matt and I noticed was that I have decent speed coming out of the bottom, but I tend to slow as I come up. This is the opposite of what is supposed to happen. My guess is that once I know a squat is in the bag I don't relax, but I don't put the necessary force into the bar to keep it accelerating. I'm thinking I do this to save myself for the following reps. This is definitely something I need to fix for when I begin my meet prep and I'm dealing with heavy singles.

Other than that I was happy with the session. I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I'll try 475 next week or drop it down.

This song definitely helped me bust through and drive up my third double.

The Lawrence Arms- Recovering the Opposable Thumb
Song of the Day: http://youtu.be/YIez4D-C40Y

“What is peculiar in the life of a man consists not in his obedience, but his opposition, to his instincts. In one direction or another he strives to live a supernatural life.” -Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment