Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm Thankful For

In case you just crawled out from somewhere tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  It's a time to reflect on all the positives in one's life.  Normally I would prefer people to do this every day of the year, but I'll let it pass on account of the awesome meal.  Here is what I'm thankful for this day and everyday:
  • My health and the health of all my loved ones
  • My family and friends
  • My career as a performance coach and all the great people I work with
  • My blue-collar attitude towards life that was instilled in me by my father
  • The troops
  • The roof over my head
  • The clothes on my back
  • The food on my plate
Now that I've got the important stuff out of the way here are some of the less vital things I'm thankful for:
  • Budweiser, Jameson, and all of the other tasty, tasty alcohols
  • Nitrous to get me through getting my cavities filled
  • Fast cars, loose women
  • Huge beds
  • Iron weights
  • Books
  • Democracy
  • The Internet
  • Loyal dogs
  • Underwear fresh out of the drier
  • Back Rubs
  • Caffeine
  • Rock 'N' Roll (Punk, metal, classic rock, etc)
There are countless other things that I'm thankful for.  These are but a few off the top of my head.  The point is is that I've got it pretty good.  There are very few reasons why I should ever be in a bad mood and the only ones that I can think of involve someone dying.  So on this day think about what you are thankful for and keep it with you every day going forward, not just until the end of dinner.  Speaking of which, I'm going to eat so much fucking turkey.

Song of the Day:

“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." -W.T. Purkiser

No comments:

Post a Comment