Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Breakdown

Friday night Lance and I made an executive decision and decided not to go to Chicago for a concert.  Eric drove up after work and we started out the night with a Four Loko each.  In case you haven't been watching local news Four Loko is the energy drink/malt beverage that has been labeled as "Blackout in a can."  Apparently they've killed a few people that can't handle their liquor.  I went with Lemonade, Eric had Watermelon, and Lance had Blue Raspberry (total girl flavor).  I was tired going in to the night but not after finishing the Four Loko.  The rest of the night is a little sketchy but I'm sure it was a good time.

Saturday after drinking as much water as possible we headed over to NX Level to train.  Eric dead lifted, Lance did strongman, and I did my last heavy squat before my meet in December.

Squat: 455x1; 500x1; 525x1

Lower Body Circuit: Reverse Hyper, Glute Ham Hyper, TRX Fallouts; all 3x10

525 is probably going to be my opener.  I just wanted to work up to it to see how it felt.  It wasn't super fast on the way up, but my technique didn't break down which means that I've got a good amount left in the tank.  At the meet I'll be using a monolift as well so I won't have to walk the weight out.  In my opinion this can mean a lot.  You don't waste energy getting your feet right.  It could add an extra 10-20 lbs to my squat.

After training we headed back home to meet up with Lance's parents.  They cooked Thanksgiving dinner for us and it was delicious.  Highlight of the night was as Eric and I were in line at the food table Eric made me laugh and I drooled into the green bean casserole.  I struggled to breath from laughing for about the next four minutes from the joke Eric made and the fact that I had just drooled all over the food.  There have been a few moments in my life were I've done something that made me think what the hell am I doing with myself.  This was definitely one of them.

The Barilow's left a little after dinner.  Another Four Loko and a few beers later we were all to stuffed to go out.  Lance, Eric, and I stayed up for a bit talking about and solving America's problems.  Problem number one: reality TV.  Problem number two: the fact that if you can sign your name you can get by in this country. A whole lot of nothing was actually solved but it was a great weekend either way.

Now I've got a date with my couch and TV.  Boom.

Song of the Day:

Let us, then, be up and doing,
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment