Friday, December 24, 2010

Training and Good News

Thursday:

Sumo Dead Lift: 10 singles

Keg Clean and Press: 6 singles on each side

Single Arm Row: 2x10

After the second set of rows my SI joint in my low back lit up like an Xmas tree.  It felt like I was being stabbed.  I think the musculature that stabilizes my low back was fatigued and my body was sending me pain signals as a warning to take it easy.  This is my theory due to the fact that when I braced my abs and/or my glutes the pain went away.  The presence of stability in that region dissipated the pain signals.  I'm just going to have to take it easy the next couple of days.  These aches and pains are just a part of lifting.  Most of the bigger injuries can be mitigated by not totally gotten rid of.

Friday:

Bench Press: 5x10

Calf Raises: 3x15
w/
Band Pull Downs: 3x20

Now the good news.  After training I had a third interview with a potential candidate for "Best Friend."  After the interview I pulled the proverbial trigger and decided to adopt a rescue dog.  You can see his pics here.  His name is Jake right now but I am going to change it to Saxon.  Saxon was in a shelter in Ohio where he was slated to be destroyed.  According to Saxon's foster mom Ohio has probably the cruelest way of destroying dogs besides whatever comes to Michael Vick's sick imagination.  They put them all in a big room and run a hose from the window to a car muffler killing them with the exhaust.  Just awful. 

Anyway, Jake is getting fixed later next week and will be able to come home in early January.  He is super mellow and just likes to sit by you and get petted.  He was a little timid at first when he was at my house but got comfortable after a bit and started to look around.  I'm so excited.  PetSmart is going to be getting a bunch of my money soon.

One last thing, MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Have a safe and fun holiday everyone and cherish the time you have with the ones you love.

Song of the Day:

"If you've never been hurt you probably suck." -American javelin thrower

1 comment: