Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday

Bench Press: 5x10

Bad Room Bent Row: 4x8
w/
Barbell Tricep Extensions: 3x10

Quick session down in Nitro's today.  My upper body pressing is by far the weakest link to getting to where I want to be power lifting wise.  The remedy: increased volume through increased frequency.  As much as I hat to admit it I need to bench press at least twice per week.  One day will be max effort work and the other day will be rep work.  This is not only going to make me stronger overall in the lift, but will reinforce my technique in the lift.  Technique is what I think is holding me back in progressing in the lift.  We'll see how it goes.

Last night I watched the Vince Lombardi special on HBO.  Very interesting.  The man is lionized by so many people it's kind of sad to see how his devotion and obsession to football came at the cost of many people close to him.  If you have a chance check it out.

Song of the Day:

"We only want winners." -Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment