Friday, December 10, 2010

Last Few

Wednesday:

Bear Complex: Power Clean, Push Press, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Push Press

This complex is performed by doing one of each exercise listed in order.  Once done with last push press return the bar to the ground.  Rep one is thus completed.  I did 5 sets of 5.  I had fire in my lungs for a while afterwards.

Thursday:

Back Squat: 10x3

Good Mornings: 5x5

Prowler

Forearms and Curls

Friday:

Power Cleans: 15x1

Bench: 10x3

Inverted Rows and Pull Ups

Band Pull Aparts and Tri Push Downs

I'm feeling good lately.  In the past I would have never been able to handle this kind of volume.  That was all in my head though.  I still feel sore but being sore is not a very good contraindicator to exercise.  And I like to train.  Once I get going I'm in the zone and I get done what I need to get done.  Bam.

Tomorrow is the NX Level company Christmas Party.  My contribution is going to be bacon wrapped Lil' Smokies, Christmas cookies that my wonderful Grandma Donna, Aunt Patti, and mother Cindy made for me, and 1L of Jameson Irish Whiskey.  I'm going to eat so much food and maybe enjoy a few aperitifs.  That last statement is only 3/4 true.  I'm going to drink more than my fair share of that Jameson.  Last year we stayed up until 4 am and then I had to work at 7 am the next morning.  This year it's on a Saturday so there will be nothing holding me back.  I'm going for an eight to ten pound Sunday bloat.  I'll probably only drink coffee and cranberry juice to help get some water out.  Maybe some sweating down in Nitro St. Justice's Barbell Club & Gentleman's Lounge as well.  We'll play that one by ear.

Song of the Day:


"What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure for." -Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment