Saturday, December 18, 2010

Friday and Saturday

Friday:

Single Arm Snatches: bunch of singles

Farmers Walk: 8 sets of 25 yards

After work Matt Cerra, Joe Flick and I went pn a bro-date for steaks at the Five O'Clock Club in Milwaukee.  They wanted to take me out as a Christmas/show their appreciation gift.  They couldn't have picked a better spot.  I had the medium Ribeye.  I can easily say this was the best cut of meat I've ever had.  It was grilled first then char-broiled so it had a nice crust to it.  It was so tender I could've cut it with a mental patient's pair Saf-T-Cut scissors.  It's the kind of steak that all other steaks will be measured against for the rest of my life.  Unless I'm eating at the Five O'Clock Club.  Thanks again guys.

Saturday:

Nitro St. Justice's Barbell Club and Gentleman's Lounge is now up and running.  All are welcome but you must be on a quest for maximum pumpitude.  No poofters that want to "get toned" are allowed.  There are only free weights, bars, squat stands, a jenky platform, squat stands, and a bench.  The floor is uneven, you can't press if you're standing up, it can get kind of cold, only punk, heavy metal, and certain classic rock is allowed to be played, it will be a tight squeeze for more than one person, if you are taller than 6'3" you might have trouble squatting, and there are no windows.  Is it perfect?  No.  Is it awesome?  Yes.  Is it going to be the place where I will leave my humanly form and pass on into oblivion?  Probably.  Is there a better way to go than being crushed while lifting something heavy?  I could think of a few.

                                         The Epicenter


                                         Formerly The Bad Room

After I got everything situated I did some training.

Close Grip Incline: 10x3
w/
Barbell Glute Extensions: 10x3

Calf Raises: 4x15
w/
Barbell Reverse Curls: 3x10

Now it's time for some wings, a beer or two, and some subpar college bowl games.

Song of the Day:

"Did you ever see the customers in health-food stores? They are pale, skinny people who look half dead. In a steak house, you see robust, ruddy people. They're dying, of course, but they look terrific." -Bill Cosby

No comments:

Post a Comment