Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend

It was a real hot dog cart at West Allis Barbell on Saturday.  Lance, Eric, and our friend Dan, whom Lance and I played football with, came up from Illinois to train.  Lance and Eric deadlifted while I showed Dan some technique stuff on some different lifts.  Dan is getting back into training after some time off.  We did some light squats, light benching, some pull ups, some abs, and some conditioning.  After training we all went to Hooters and proceeded to have an awesome time.  When we got home we were pretty tuned up.

 For whatever reason Dan was feeling skittish and wanted to wrestle Eric.  What came next was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.  I don't know why, but they felt the need to wrestle in their underwear.  It was the first match in the Drunken Undies Wrestling League.  Dan and Eric start out facing each other.  All of a sudden Dan starts flailing his arms as they tie up.  Eric pushes Dan back a little bit and then attempts a single leg take down.  "Attempt" is the key word here.  His knee more or less gives out as he lunges forward bringing Dan down with his other arm that was around his neck.  They wrangle around for a  little bit then Eric gets the upper hand and pushes Dan to his side and into the door.  I have a video of it on my phone.  It's my new happy place.  If I'm ever feeling down I'll watch it and then feel happy.

Sunday was Sunday Funday.  Much beer was drank again.  After two days of hitting it pretty hard I'm in rough shape.  Hopefully I'll be recovered for work this week.  Lots of water is going to be needed.  I'm sure I'll be watching that video a few times to cheer me up.

Song of the Day:

“There can't be good living where there is not good drinking.” -Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment