Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday

Deload this week. Didn't really have a plan, just went in and did whatever my heart fancied. I've got a little more stress than I normally do right now (goddam Packers). Only one thing to do in that situation...blast some punk rock with some NWA and Public Enemy sprinkled in and get the fuck after it.

Pause Squat: 135x5; 185x5; 225x5x3

I paused for about a two count at the bottom of each rep. I might add these in to help with strength out of the hole. We'll see.

Deadlift Carry and Load: 155x1; 265x1; 308x6

I loaded a bar on the turf. I put two pulling blocks that are just below my knee in height ten yards away. I then picked up the bar, walked it the ten yards, set it on the blocks, came around to the other side of the bar, picked it up, and walked it back to the starting point. It was more of a grip and cardio challenge than anything

Slide Board Leg Curls: 3x15
w/
DB Arm Curls: 3x12

This next part will make some people happy. I put my old football cleats on and went to the turf and did about twenty minutes of route running. Joe and Matt play for a local semi-pro football team and have been in my ear about playing for them. I may or may not be getting the itch. Time will tell.

Song of the Day:

"It is foolish to pretend that one is fully recovered from a disappointed passion. Such woulds always leave a scar." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

1 comment: