Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday

Bench: 275x1; 280x1

DB Standing Press: 3x8
w/
Lat Pull Down: 3x15

Barbell Shrugs: 3x12
w/
Inverted Row: 3x10

Nothing too exciting today.  I got in, got my shit done, and got out.  Bench went kind of weird.  275 felt heavy and slow, but 280 went up fast and smooth.  Sometimes it's weird that way.

I'm not sure if standing presses help my bench or not.  I don't really care because I like doing them and they give my upper body some balance.  Too much horizontal pressing without as much or more vertical pressing and upper body pulling is a recipe for shoulder injury.  I see it all the time in swimmers and old meat heads that don't know any better.

My CNS (central nervous system) is in the very early stages of fatigue syndrome.  It's not there yet but if I let it go unchecked it could get bad.  It's kind of a weird feeling.  You  feel tired and extremely weak.  It's almost like you feel you have to put in twice the effort to get the same return.  I can sometimes be moody, lack motivation to be in the gym, and be a little slower upstairs when this happens.  The best way to prevent this from happening is with proper diet and lots of rest between sessions.  For those that partake in heavy lifting you may need to take deload weeks to let it recover.  In writing this I've stumbled across a great idea for an article.  TO THE LIBRARY!!

Song of the Day:

“I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.” -Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment