Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday

Standing Press: 170x6+2+2+2

Chin Ups: 45x6+2+2+2

Close Grip Bench: 235x6+2+2+2

Hammer Curls: 65x6+2+2+2

Tire Hits: 10x10 each side

Good session today.  My upper body lifts are continuously going up.  My lower body lifts, however, are somewhat stagnant.  I know this is due to my recovery.  My lower body is always sore and as a result can't ever grow/ get stronger.  I think this is a combination of too much volume for the weight I am using and plain old shitty recovery methods.  I don't roll out enough, I don't stretch enough, and most importantly I don't sleep as much.  Especially on weekends when I have a great opportunity to catch up.  All it's going to take to fix this is get a little smarter with my programming and stop being so lazy with my recovery.

Song of the Day:

“Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered through personal experience does not become a part of the moral tissue.”  -Edith Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment