Friday, June 4, 2010

Thursday- Upper Body

I stepped on the scale today (Friday) and weighed in at 213.9 lbs. There was a point in time early last week when I was well into the 220's. I must have looked like I fell on an air pump with that kind of bloat. I think I'm only going to weigh myself on Friday mornings. That way I can get a good feel for how things are going week to week. It's going to be steady progress from here on out.

Standing Press: 165x5+2+2+2

Chins: 50x6+2+2+2

Close Grip Bench: 225x6+2+2+2

Bar Curls: 125x6+2+2+2

After all of this the interns, Katie, Jayce, and James, and I did a conditioning circuit.

Tire Hits: x8 ea. side
Prowler: 30 yards hi handle, 30 yards low handle
Heavy Bag Carry: 60 yards

I did three of these and then took the next twenty minutes to breath the fire out of my lungs. I'm really digging the conditioning after the lifting. Right now it might be affecting my lifts but as my body adapts to the stress things will be right as rain.

Song of the Day:

Sail Forth- Steer for the deep waters only. Reckless O soul, exploring. I with thee and thou with me. For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared go. And we will risk the ship, ourselves, and all." -Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment