Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday

Standing Press: 165x6+2+2+2

Pull Ups: 25x6+2+2+2

DB Skull Crushers: 3x12

Bar Curls: 3x10

I was in and out pretty quick today.  I had about an hour and a half break before my last client and I needed to leave right at 6:30.  As Jake would say, "I had a hot date."  Weights continue to go up which is good.  I'm scaling my accessory back just a bit to keep my total intensity lower.  This will hopefully give me better recovery and improved "big" lifts.

I skipped conditioning today because Saturday I'm running in the Warrior Dash down in Joliet, IL.  I'm doing it with my buddy Lance.  There's a solid chance we are going to be holding hands and doing a lot of crying at the end.  That's a lie.  But we might do it three legged style.  Or maybe run the whole thing in potato sacks.  Just like the Brady Bunch.  It should be a good time.  Afterwards we'll go to Lance's parents house where there will be plenty of meat, beer, and cake for all to go around.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to drive up to Wausau.  I'm going to be "bartending" at the Circle of Friends golf outing.  If you don't remember from previous post the Circle of Friends is a charity that helps out kids that have been touched by cancer.  Every year a group of kids get to go to Wausau in February and enjoy all that Wisconsin in winter has to offer.  There's tubing, snowmobiling, sleigh rides, disco bowling, and downhill skiing among other fun activities.  The golf outing is a great time.  What I do is stand at a beverage tent with our wares on display.  Someone will come up to the tent and say, "Make me something with Grey Goose in it."  Then they tip us since we can't really charge them.  I had a guy last year come up to the tent and order a glass full of Bacardi Razz.  On ice.  With nothing else.  He said he liked the alcohol burn.  Whatever.  If you got money we'll take it.  However ill gotten.  If you sold drugs and wanted to split the profits with us, come on down.  We'll take it.  Hopefully people will be generous and the skies will be clear.  Should be a great time.

Song of the Day:


“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.” -Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment