Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday

DL: worked up to 551x1

Walking Lunge: 88 lbs. 3x30 yards

Prowler: 200 yards in 4:52

Lower body lifts are staying stagnant/regressing a little.  I'm doing too much volume and I need to scale it back a little bit.  I'm thinking I'm going to cut back to three days per week.  Every time in the past when I've lifted four days per week I've ended up having to cut back to three.  Hopefully I've learned my lesson this time and will just roll with three days from now on.

Saturday afternoon was the First Annual Flippy Cup Tournament of Champions.  Eric, our friend Tarah, Joe's friend Eugene and I were on team Straight Outta Compton.  We ended up taking second despite the fact that Eric and I just wanted to drink and not really play, and Eugene was a stand-in since Lance got there late.  The championship round was marred by the fill police getting their undies twisted over the amount of beer in each cup.  I really didn't care about the amount of beer in the cups.  Drink.  Flip.  Repeat.  It's not hard.

I ended up getting pretty drunk and not really remembering much after the championship game.  The best part was the morning after when Jake and Erin were looking all over for her camera.  Jake asked Eric if he had it or knew where it was and Eric replied no to both questions.  After about an hour of looking they were about to give up and leave just as Eric and I were.  When Eric stood up he reached into his pocket and pulled out Erin's camera.  He thought it was his phone and not her camera.

Song of the Day

“A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them.” -Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment