Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm Back...And I'm Never Drinking Again

Well, maybe I'll have a few beers in a few weeks. 

I traveled down to Lakeland, FL this past weekend with Lance, Al, and Eric to visit our buddy Mike.  Mike went to school with us at Carroll and just finished up at Florida Southern.  He invited us down for his graduation party.  I'm not going to go into details about the weekend, but needless to say many, MANY shenanigans were had by all.  I'm not going to get into who fell down in two separate parking lots.  Or who got his ass whupped by Jell-O shots and passed out at the graduation party.  Or who destroyed the bathroom on the plane ride home.  Or who slept until 4 pm on Saturday.  Or who got beat up by a huge purple phallus.  Or who saw boobs at the gas station.  I'm not going to get into any of that.  It was an awesome weekend to say the least.

I deloaded last week so there was nothing to really write about.  Today started off bad.  Three days of hard drinking will take its toll.  I was determined to not let it have its way with me.  Here's how it played out.

Snatch: up to 208x1, 176x2 of the shittiest reps ever, clear my head walk around the gym x1, 176x5 solid reps

Squat: 225x5, 315x5, 365x5x3

Fat Bar Bench: 185x5, 225x5, 235x5x3, 185x10

Facepulls: 3x15

Leg Curls: 3x12

Conditioning

The snatches could have turned the whole session sour.  I had to tell myself to not let my drinking be an excuse to have a shitty lift.  Easiest way to avoid this in the future?  Don't go on three day benders.

Tomorrow I'm going to recap the first six weeks of the increased frequency experiment and talk about where I'm going to go from here.  Stay tuned.

Song of the Day:

"Two strong impulses: One
to drink long and deep,
the other,
not to sober up too soon." -Rumi from Four Quatrains

No comments:

Post a Comment