Friday, May 13, 2011

PR Friday

Sorry for the lack of a post lately.  I've been training, just too busy (lazy) to write.  Tuesday I cleaned and benched.  Wednesday I snatched, squatted, and did some DB overhead stuff.  Thursday was another clean and bench day.  Tuesday was shitty but Wednesday and Thursday I was putting up some good numbers.  On to today.

Snatch: 198x6 singles

Dead Lift: 525x1, 573x1, 603x1 (PR)

Log Press: 165x5x4

The snatches felt pretty damn good today.  No misses and I didn't struggle with any of the reps.  Definitely a solid day.  Dead lift felt a lot better than I thought it was going to coming in.  But once I got to 525 it flew up.  Went right to 573 and that flew up too.  Feeling a little reckless I threw thirty more pounds on the bar.  I was definitely a nervous Pervis in the buildup to the lift.  Once I started pulling it broke the ground pretty quick and I knew I had it before I even got it to my knees.  I put it down then pulled out the imaginary double guns and fired a celebratory shot into the air.  This may have been the most excited I've ever been for a PR.  Definitely the most animated.  There's video of it and I'll post it as soon as I can.

Song of the Day:

“If something is exceptionally well done it has embedded in it's very existence the aim of lifting the common denominator rather than catering to it.” -Edward Fischer

No comments:

Post a Comment