Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Is Here!

I trained today and yesterday.  Nothing too exciting happened.  Today was light snatches, high rep squats, and moderate to heavy btnpp.  I also attempted to run a bit and it went ok.  I did see a deer in the back parking lot at work while doing it which was probably the highlight of that little adventure.

Anywho, this weekend is Memorial Day Weekend in case you hadn't heard.  I'll be celebrating the start of summer by drinking some beers, seeing some friends in Chicago, and grilling dead animals over an open flame.  As always, many thanks go out to all of our service men and women, past and present who make it all possible.  For a fun way to learn about America's awesome service men and women I would suggest giving http://www.badassoftheweek.com/ a look see.  Here's on to start with.  Have a safe and happy holiday!

I'd also encourage you to listen to the song below.  The lyrics are on the youtube page.

Song of the Day:

"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice." -David Kenyon Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment