Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday- SQ/DL

Squat: worked up to 445x3

Reverse Band Squat: 495x3; 565x2
This is where I loop what is essentially a large rubber band around the top of the squat rack and then around the bar.  The purpose is so that I can train my CNS to handle more weight without the bar turning me into a pile of goo on the floor.  I had too much tension at the top which made the reps less harder than they should have been.  I'll play around with different band/band tension combos in the coming weeks.

Block Eccentric Deadlift: 485x3
I loaded the bar onto some pulling blocks so I only have to bring the bar up a few inches to have it fully in my hands. I then do three reps with it.  The purpose is to have an eccentric (down) loading phase before the concentric (up) phase.  This recruits more motor units and muscle fibers into the lift, thus enabling me to lift more.

Glute Ham Hypers: 3x12 w/ black band
w/
Straight Leg Raises: 3x12

I was friggin' beat after this.  I would have liked to have done more on the deadlift, but such is life.  My ass is going to be super sore tomorrow.  Any takers on a massage?  Ladies? 

I'm about to publish my first intentional article.  It will be about what I would eat if I could only eat five foods for the rest of my life.  Be on the watch for it in the next few weeks.

Song of the Day:

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
- Theodore Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. Are you still looking for ideas to blog about? Check out this link. I caught the end of this on the radio. Very interesting...I consider myself an agnostic.
    bonnie
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129528196

    ReplyDelete