Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday and The New Training Cycle

Front Squat: 95x10, 135x10, 175x10x3

BTNPP: 75x10, 95x10, 115x10x3

RDL: 220x10x5

Guns

SPRINTS!!

In case I've failed to mention I'm doing a meet on November 19th in Dubuque. With that being a mere 13 weeks away my training is going to shift from more of a hypertrophy plan to a strength plan. Here is the weekly template:

Day 1: Squat, Deadlift, lighter posterior chain work

Day 2: Bench, upper back and shoulder work

Day 3: Ok, listen close. I'm going to pick a main supplemental exercise for each lift and do rep work with it. So in the example above I did front squats (squat), behind the neck push press (bench), and RDLs (dead lift). I'll keep these lifts to their own day so that I don't over do it on the strength days.

So in the week I'll have two strength days and one rep day. For the first 4 weeks or so I'm going to push some rep maxes and build some work capacity. I'll also have a day or two of conditioning work in there. At about 8 weeks out I'll cut the conditioning and focus more on the one rep strength. I think it's a good plan that will bring me some good results. Only one way to find out. And that's to get it on. Got's to get it on. Got no choice but to get it on.

Song of the Day: The Copyrights- Hell Will Be Party Time

"How shall we learn to know ourselves? By reflection? Never; but only through action. Strive to do thy duty; then you shall know what is in thee." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3 comments:

  1. Got a few questions for you now. BTNPP, what is it, and are what guns? Also what kind of meet are you training for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTNPP= Behind the neck push press

    Guns are my arms. Lame, but whatever.

    Powerlifting. Squat, Bench, Dead Lift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I tried that Goblet squat today, I don't think I had it down right because i was getting some slight pain in my knees, I gave up on em also because it was really busy in the gym and I'm self-conscious about my squats, and new exercises. lol

    ReplyDelete