Monday, July 22, 2013

Captain's Log: Squats 7.22.13


This session was like getting a large tattoo.  In the beginning it stings a bit because the sensation is new but you're excited about the new ink so it doesn't bother you.  Then the endorphins kick in and you feel pretty damn good despite what's actually going on.

Then you hit a wall.

You get fidgety and you just want to be done.  You'd almost walk around with an unfinished tat instead of spend anymore time in the chair.

The hang cleans felt good.  I made one small tweak to my technique and they felt fairly easy.  Squats started a little achy but by the time I got to 455 I was feeling great and that rep felt faster than last week.  The first 2.8 sets of the 365 work sets felt fast.  The last rep of the last set put me over the top.  The sets of 405 were about the last thing in the world that I wanted to do.  It was mostly due to the skin on my back being raw from my shirt being wet with sweat and sliding.  When I was done I did a silent celebration in my head.

Then I remembered the 315 rep set.

I put it on low and did a rep but it felt like shit and just hurt so I re-racked and put it high and got to 6 and called it a day.

Now for a shameless plug.

I contributed another article to The Macho Nacho.  You can see my article on Hiring A Personal Trainer here.

And if you're feeling extra froggy give them a follow on Twitter @MachoNachoWeb.

No comments:

Post a Comment