Thursday, March 28, 2013

Captain's Log: 3.28.13

Front Squat
135 x 5
225 x 4
275 x 3
315 x 2
335 x 1
225 x 5

Paused (3 sec) Front Squat
225 x 6 sets of 3

Prowler

Probably should have taken it easy on the fronts today.  I had every intention to but then the weights were moving well so I went for it.

I tweaked my back something good yesterday.  Right around my 10th thoracic vertebrae which is about 2-3 inches below the bottom of the shoulder blades.  I was doing some shrugs in the morning, felt a small pop and the muscles surrounding it tightened up like an anaconda around Ice Cube.

That day was NOT a good day.
It was sore and tight all day yesterday so I didn't train.  A sports med doctor that I train said it is probably Facet Joint Syndrome.  It's somewhat common and not anything serious but it still scared the hell out of me.  It felt fine today so I lifted somewhat the same.

I'm looking at it like a blessing in disguise.  That pop is going to be in the back of my mind from now on, though.  I'm not going to lift scared, but I will be more cautious about having everything tight and properly aligned when I'm doing anything with the bar out in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment