Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Captain's Log: 3.26.13

AM

100 push ups
100 BW squats

PM

Bench Press
bar x 20, 20
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 4
240 x 3
260 x 2
275 x 1

225 x 10, 5
185 x 14, 7

Blast Strap Dips
4 sets of 8
w/
Single Arm Row
100s x 4 sets of 15 on each arm

Run around the block

Great session tonight.  275 felt fast and smooth.  Probably had at least another 15 in me.  Decided to play the safe card and just do my drop sets instead of push the heavy stuff.  And even those sets are better than the past couple of weeks.

I literally cannot remember when my bench and my pressing in general has felt this good.  Even when I was a little stronger than I am now nothing felt great.  I attribute this mostly to my increased frequency.  Benching twice I feel has really been a plus for my training as of late.  Good things to come.

I got a call from my good friend and former client, Josh Mohr.  He just finished up his last season wrestling for the US Air Force Academy.  It was great to hear from him and catch up a bit.  When he graduates he's going to hang around Colorado until February when he goes to flight school.

I've written about Josh before but it bears repeating that he has probably the best work ethic of anyone I've worked with.  He could take anything I could throw at him and come back asking for more.  And for as successful as he was as an athlete he took coaching as well as anyone I've worked with.  He'll be the first to tell you he was not blessed genetically but he is way above average in work ethic and the ability to apply the coaching he was given.  Definitely a lesson in there for anyone and everyone.

Congrats on your success, Josh.  I'm honored to have been a part of it and I can't wait until we can train together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment