Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tuesday- Lower

Squat:
135x5x2
225x3x2
315x1x2
405x1
455x1
485x1
510x1

Dead Lift:
352x3
372x2
420x1x3

Walking Lunges:
3x20 steps w/ 88 lbs
w/
Back Extensions:
3x12

Leg Press:
5pps 4x8
w/
Leg Curl:
4x8 w/ 75 lbs

Whoowhee!  This one was more of a grinder than the slutty girl at a high school dance.  For starters I had some "stomach issues" on Monday and hadn't drank my Pedialite.  So I was a little dehydrated going in and at a body weight of 206 I was lighter than I had been in a while.

Warm ups on squat went well.  Little bit of pain but nothing out of the ordinary.  Once I got to 455 that all changed.  As I was going down with it I could feel the pressure in my head building.  Vision was getting blurry and I almost passed right the hell out as I started to come up.  I had to step back to keep from falling back but was able to stand up.  Could have been a lot worse.  Thoughts of packing it in crossed my mind but I hadn't gotten all dressed up for nothing so I pushed on.  485 was OK.  A little easier than the last time I had it on my back but nothing to get worked up about.  I was having some serious doubts about the 510 but knew I had a competent spotter so I decided to give it a ride.  Slow as the kid that ate glue in grade school but it was a good lift.

I'm glad I went for it.  That weight is probably going to be my opener in November depending on how the rest of the training cycle goes.  In the words of Ice Cube, "...today was a good day."

Song of the Day: 

"There is no way to success but to take off your coat, grind, and work like a digger on the railroad, all day and every day." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment