Sunday, October 30, 2011

Saturday

Push Press:
95x5x2
135x4
185x3
205x2
225x1
235x1
135x10

Squat Supports:
245x1
355x1
445x1
535x1
625x1
675x1

Wall Handstands:
3x as long as I could hold
w/
TRX Face Pulls:
3x12

Ab Wheel Hand Walks:
3x20 yards

Gassers:
x3

Pretty good day in the weight room.  Push press was only 10 lbs off my all time PR.  I moved the pins down on the squat supports so I did more of a half squat to stand up with the weight.  675 felt heavy as shit.

I've been thinking about my pressing strength or lack-there-of lately.  Part of it is I feel my triceps are weak. This is a biggie.  Without strong triceps lockout strength is greatly diminished.  Part of it is that my upper body structures feel weak as a whole.  My shoulder girdle is tight and full of knots.  My shoulder joints feel weak and unstable.  With these issues present pressing strength in general is never going to be what it could be.  To that end I'm going to take action to increase the strength of the support structures.  This starts with the wall handstands.  These are tough as shit.  I used the wall to balance and just held for time.  I got about 40 seconds on each one but was shaking after about 20 seconds.  I've never really put a focus on improving body weight strength movements.  But I'm going to go into it in earnest once the meet passes.  Should be interesting.

Song of the Day:

"You must have the devil in you to succeed in any of the arts." -Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment