Monday, August 19, 2013

Captain's Log: Squat 8.19.13


Pretty decent session.  I was nervous going into my last two sets of squats.  It's been a long while since I've done 425 x 5 but I was happy to get it.

One thing that I'm trying to work on is staying tight but getting to the hole faster.  I noticed that I have a tendency to descend too slow.  This makes it hard to get any kind of  rebound out of the bottom.  The trick is staying tight.  A lot of lifters have a tendency to relax in an effort to sort of wind up into the transition.  This rarely works out well.  They lose position as soon as they start their transition and try to get the tightness back.  Once it's gone, it's gone.  Staying tight but finding a good speed to descend takes a little trial and error.

I decided to move RDLs to Thursday.  They go better with dead lifts and I was sore until Friday from last Monday.  Need to keep tweaking the volume/intensity of each session.

No comments:

Post a Comment