Friday, August 16, 2013

Captain's Log: Bench & Dead Lift 8.14-15.13



Benching was nothing special.  80%er.  With these 5RM training sessions I'm going to keep every aspect of the workout the same except for the last set of 5.  So next week on bench my last set of five might be 265.  On dead lift something like 475.  Even the accessory stuff will stay the same.

I wanted to do high bar back squats yesterday after dead lifting but it literally felt like my adductors were going to snap in half.  They are still sore from Monday.  I need to do something about this.  I'm going to talk a long hard look at what I'm doing (and not doing) recovery wise.  I don't mind being sore, but when it affects a work out three days later then I need to assess and change some things up.

Oh, and if you missed it check out my solution to helping end obesity.  It's a good'un.

No comments:

Post a Comment