Monday, August 5, 2013

Captain'S Log: Last Week''s Highlights 8.5.13

I'm writing this from the balcony of my hotel room in St. Pete Beach, Florida.  In the hustle and bustle leading up to me leaving I forgot to post anything.  Instead of a bunch of pictures I'll just give you the highlights from last week:

Monday; Squat: up to 475x1; then a lot of heavy volume work.  I was sore for many days.

Tuesday; Bench: 305 x 1; 245 x 10, 2.  245 x 10 was a PR.

Wednesday; Dead Lift: 525 x 1; 425 x 12.  425 x 10 was also a PR

Thursday; Press: 205 x 1

Friday; Front Squat: up to 335 x 3 singles

By the time I was done Friday I was pretty well and fried.  I planned to lift Saturday at my friend Joe's garage gym, Iron Ally, but I wanted none of it.  I'll be taking a few days off while I'm here in Florida which is what I need at this point.  Once I get back I'm going to drop to four days per week.  My training will change slightly to begin peaking for November.  More heavy singles, doubles, and triples and a little less volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment