Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Captain's Log: Squat 6.17.13

I have the hand writing of a small child.  I've known this since I was young.  Seriously, I used to get D's in penmanship in grade school.
New experiment.  Instead of trying to remember what I did I'm going to write it on the whiteboard and just take a picture of it.  Sounds good to me.

Squat is feeling OK lately.  Being that I lift alone and squat outside of my rack I only take weights that I'm damn sure I'll be able to hit.  That's fine with me though as hitting heavy singles at 90%+ is not a fun way to live.  I like keeping my top single the same for a while so that I can judge it on how well it is moving.  I also think the bottoms up partials (squat that starts resting on the pins) are going to help a lot.  It'll give me confidence with heavier weights and because it's just partials doesn't tear me up too bad.

I've also added some weightlifting back in.  Surprisingly after about two months away from them they feel fast and my technique hasn't gone to shit.  I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to power (hips didn't drop below my knees on the catch) clean the 262.  A win is a win.

As far as my November goal of a 500 back squat I feel I'm well on my way.  With spotters and the intensity of the moment I have no doubt I'll be able to hit it and possible more when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment