Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tuesday and Thursday

Tuesday:

Squat: 315x1/2/3/1/2/3/1/2/3

Split Squat: 3x10 each leg

Abs

Thursday:

Bench: 225x1/2/3/1/2/3/1/2/3

DB Incline: 3x10

Face Pulls: 3x15
w/
DB Lateral Raise: 3x12

Skull Crushers: 3x12
w/
Tricep Push Downs: 3x20

Prowler

So here's the plan.  I've picked starting weights for the three lifts that I will perform for my next meet.  225 for bench, 315 for squat, and 405 for deadlift.  Each lift will be performed once per week with the 1/2/3/1/2/3/1/2/3 rep scheme.  Each week I will add 20 pounds to the squat and 10 pounds to the bench and deadlift.  When I get to a point with each lift where I cannot move the weight up I will figure the halfway point from where I started and where I'm at.  I will then drop the weight to the weight and continue progressing up while only making five or ten pound jumps depending on the lift. 

Example: bench starting weight is 225.  I get to 295 and can no longer progress up.  I will then drop the working weight to 260 (halfway between 225 and 295) and continue moving up in five pound jumps each week.  Once I max out that progression line then it will be time to switch things up.  It's super scientific and advanced, I know.  It just has to work.

All of my accessory for right now will be body builderish in nature.  I'm thinking this plan will take about 2-3 months to run its course.  I like the set up because it is going to give me a break from working with near maximal weights all the time and I'll only be training each lift once per week.  It's got a nice little progression plan to it and there won't be any missed weights to mess with my head.  With this plan I'll also be better able to put on some needed quality mass.  I'm excited to see how it all plays out.

Song of the Day:

"No one saves us but ourselves.  No one can and no one may.  We ourselves must walk the path." -Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment