Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday

Deadlift: 425x1/2/3/1/2/3/1/2/3

RDLs: 3x10 @ 275

Chins: 3x10

I know I should be appreciative of days like Friday.  Anytime during the summer when I don't sweat constantly and feel like the chaffing on my adductors is going to start a fire is surely a good day.  But shit, it was cold for being June 10th.  I just wish Big Momma Nature would pick a season and stick with it.  Screw this La Nina stuff. 

Anyways, trained at West Allis Barbell.  I need to get a good power bar.  Right now I'm using my Olympic bar for deadlifts and it's kind of a hassle.  The bar is designed to hold bumper plates, not iron.  With the iron weights there is about 1-3 mm of play between the bar collar and the weights.  This means shit get kind of shaky once we're air born.  It also means that the weights don't sit vertical like they should when the bar is on the ground.  It's not a big deal right now as all it means is that I need to adjust the weights between sets, but when I start creeping into 500 lb+ territory it could be a liability.  Daddy don't need no blown out knees.

Song of the Day:

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." -Aleister Crowley

I'll drink to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment