Monday, June 27, 2011

The Freakin' Weekend

Friday I drove up to Wausau for the Circle of Friends' annual golf outing fundraiser.  I was stationed at hole #4 in the Bacardi Tent.  It was my job to sling drinks and I think I did a pretty good job.  It's always a lot of fun and it's great to see people rally around a great cause.  The only bad part of the trip was the drive home.  Oshkosh has decided to do all of their road construction right now.  Not only are a lot of on/off ramps closed, but so is an entire stretch of highway 45.  I spent about 30 minutes driving aimlessly in Oshkosh before I finally found my way to the highway.  I don't like Oshkosh.

Saturday morning I trained.  It went ok.  It was hot.

Deadlift: 455x1/2/3/1/2/3/1/2/3

RDLs: 315x10x2

Shrugs: 405x10x3

Saturday some friends and I went and celebrated the marriage of our good friend Dave Pick and his lovely bride Maggie McGinn.  The wedding was held at the McGinn family farm.  The weather was beautiful, the food was great, and the bar was open.  I took full advantage and I'll leave it at that.

Sunday Jake had a strongman show at Bradford Beach in Milwaukee.  He competed against heavyweight amateurs and a few other lightweight pros.  And he smoked them all.  He took first place and pocketed a good chunk of change in the process.  Congrats Jake.

Late afternoon Sunday I was having a wrestling match in my head over whether or not I was going to train.  The "go train" wrestler won out and I labored out to the garage.  It was a lackluster session to say the least.  Probably because my sweat at this point was about 38% vodka.  I probably got nothing out of it, but oh well I got through it.

Press: 155x1/2/3/1/2/3

BTNPP: 135x8x2

Pendlay Rows: 225x8x2

Gun Show

I then took the dog for a jog and he got tired before I did.  Win.

Song of the Day:

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment