Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday- Squats

Sorry for the lack of posts last week.  I was deloading and didn't really do anything worth writing about.  And to be honest to try and remember what I did would be a waste of mental energy.

I've figured out how I'm going to plan each training session.  I went in somewhat blind today but figured the way I want to go about things.  Here is how each session is going to go.

Main Lift

Main Accessory

Supplemental One
w/
Supplemental Two

The main lift is pretty obvious.  These will include squats, deadlifts, press, and bench.  The main accessory is a lift that I feel will directly impact the main lift.  These will include RDLs, Good Mornings, dumbbell variations of the main lifts, etc.  Supplemental exercises are lifts that don't directly impact the main lifts, but bring up weak points or build a little muscle where I need it.

Here is how today went.

Squat: 310x5, 355x5, 405x7

Good Morning: 3x10 @ 135

Glute-Ham Hypers: 3x10
w/
Ab Wheel Rollouts: 3x10

This workout took me about an hour which is how I like it. 

Song of the Day:

“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.”          -Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment